Newsletter settings won't update

Since the last update, changing the settings of a newsletter or adding a newsletter doesn’t work. Clicking save does nothing as if the button wasn’t even clicked.

This is absolute trash. A week and no reply. I made a typo right before the update and now I can’t fix it. What am I paying you for?

Hi, I understand your frustration. Have you contacted support?

1 Like

You’re yelling at community members. If you need support from Ghost Pro, please use their support email address.

2 Likes

Just because you can read a post doesn’t mean it’s for you. No need to make useless replies if you have nothing constructive to add. I’m literally in the support forum. If you’re just a user, don’t try to gatekeep who can get help. If you haven’t had problems, good for you, but other people are.

Hey @BugsBunny , maybe try losing the attitude. Folks will help if they can even when it means dealing with a stressed out user. Impatience and lashing out will get you nowhere.

@Cathy_Sarisky is a power user that could probably help you but your approach has likely alienated her.

2 Likes

Are you are a Ghost Pro user? If yes the direct email for support is available for you to get help.

If you are a self hoster then please read and abide by Welcome to the Ghost Community

If I am a white night for anything it is for civil discourse and respect for one another despite having different opinions and perspectives.

3 Likes

Yeah, OK. Wanting an answer after a week when a paid product is broken is so uncivil.

Why does a valid complaint about a commercial product hurt you so much? Maybe because a quick Google search of both your names shows that you’re Ghost developers.

So how about doing your jobs and working on fixes instead of stealing people’s money and trying to silence bug reports?

@BugsBunny, since you’re a Ghost(Pro) user, please contact support directly using the address provided in the footer of this page.

Moreover, please be courteous to community members, and try not to be a dick. Continuing along these lines will result in a forum ban.

A few facts:

1. Ghost is an open-source content management system, and this community is for those who self-host. Community members volunteer their time to support other users.
  2. Ghost(Pro) is the official managed hosting for Ghost; support for this paid service is via email.

Finally, when using the forum, it helps to post under the correct category.

1 Like

Hey @mjw,

I spent several minutes of unpaid time (since I don’t work for whoever is hosting this user and this user is not one of my clients) fussing with newsletter settings and I can’t replicate the problem reported. Unfortunately, this isn’t a report with enough detail that could be used to find a problem in Ghost and get it fixed.

Since the OP is apparently paying /someone/ (based on their decision to accuse volunteers of stealing from them), they’d be well advised to contact whoever they’re paying for support.

I’m turning off my notifications for this thread now.

You’re doing everything except address the original post.

1. The footer says CAN not must. This is a core feature not account specific.
  2. How is it not a bug? Push save button, nothing happens. Sounds like “Something which is intended to be working but is not currently working, because of an error in the software.”

I understand that user complaints can make people not want to use Ghost. However, the truth is that not responding to or fixing broken things and/or repeatedly pushing buggy updates is what will make people leave. And for all your do this or that instead, what’s the excuse for no reply at all for a week when all I did was state the problem I was having?

Your original post provides insufficient detail by a bug report. Moreover, you deleted the template and failed to provide the information requested when opening a bug report (see end of post*).

If you’re looking for help, please provide information about your environment. If you delete this template and don’t provide any information, your topic will be automatically closed.

You can split hairs as much as you like. To be clear, this forum is not an official support channel.

This forum is for people to share knowledge and help each other. It is moderated by open source contributors and volunteers, and while you may see Ghost staff around, there are not Ghost staff here all the time.

If you are a Ghost(Pro) customer and have a support query, you can contact the team directly by email any time.

I’m closing the thread.

**Fill out the following bug report template with as much detail as possible!

Are you sure this is a bug? If you just need help, post in the developer help category. If it’s a feature request, head to the ideas category.

Issue Summary

• Explain roughly what’s wrong
  • What did you expect to happen?

Steps to Reproduce

1. This is the first step…
  2. This is the second step, etc.

Setup information

Ghost Version
Share which version of Ghost you’re using.

Node.js Version
If self-hosting - share which version of Node.js you’re using.

How did you install Ghost?
Provide some details about your install of Ghost if you are self-hosting.

Provide details of your host & operating system
Include further details about your hosting and OS.

Database type
MySQL 5.7 / MySQL 8 / SQLite 3 / Other

Browser & OS version
Include if reporting frontend bugs.

Relevant log / error output
Copy and paste any relevant log output. Use backticks to format this into code.

1 Like