This is issue number #12 of Ghost Tips & Tricks. Brought to you by Aspire Themes. Premium and high-quality Ghost themes.
Always make sure to backup your droplet before doing any server work.
If you already installed Ghost on DigitalOcean using the Ghost 1-Click App and want to install an additional Ghost instance on the same droplet, this step by step guide is for you.
You are logged in to your droplet using SSH from the command line
Your domain name is ready and connected to the droplet IP
cd /var/www/ghost/ cat config.production.json
Take notes of them. You will use them later in steps 3 and 5.
cd /var/www/ sudo mkdir ubud sudo chown ghost-mgr:ghost-mgr ubud/
sudo mysql -u root -p CREATE DATABASE ubud; GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON ubud.* to 'ghost'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '7d150600c49e7c5860be7ce03d4f8df67259176738d926ec'; FLUSH PRIVILEGES; exit
ghost→ database user
localhost→ database host
7d150600c49e7c5860be7ce03d4f8df67259176738d926ec→ database password
sudo -i -u ghost-mgr
cd /var/www/ubud/ ghost install
That’s all that I wanted to share today, and I hope you find this post helpful.
Checkout previous parts of the Ghost Tips & Tricks series:
- Ghost Tips & Tricks #1 / Show Publish Date in the day time with AM and PM format
- Ghost Tips & Tricks #2 / Ghost Admin Right to Left (RTL) Support
- Ghost Tips & Tricks #3 / Deploy Your Ghost Theme Using Github Actions
- Ghost Tips & Tricks #4 / Create a Tags List Page
- Ghost Tips & Tricks #5 / Create an Authors List Page
- Ghost Tips & Tricks #6 / Change Casper Theme Fonts Using Google Fonts
- Ghost Tips & Tricks #7 / Tools I Use to Develop, Edit and Deploy Ghost Themes
- Ghost Tips & Tricks #8 / Membership Troubleshooting Tips
- Ghost Tips & Tricks #9 / Ghost Tags - Practical Examples to Use in Your Theme
- Ghost Tips & Tricks #10 / Anatomy of a Ghost Theme — Part 1
- Ghost Tips & Tricks #11 / Download and Upload Images on DigitalOcean