Community question of the week #4: What's your favorite theme and why?

ICYMI, we recently launched a brand new default theme, Source.

At the moment, it’s our favorite theme :heart_eyes:

Not only is it gorgeous (if we do say so ourselves), but it’s also a shapeshifter, dramatically changing its look to fit a wide variety of use cases.

But enough about our favorite — we want to hear about yours. Whether it’s a killer feature, a design element, or something else entirely:

:person_raising_hand: What’s your favorite theme and why?

Bonus points if your share a link to how you’re using it in the wild.

Bonus bonus points if you created the theme.

Our community is a treasure trove of knowledge, experience, and creativity, especially when it comes to using Ghost. Questions of the week are an opportunity to share and learn from these resources.

Miss our previous questions? Check them out below!

3 Likes

At the moment, my favorite theme is the Source theme, it’s very simple, beautiful and light, it was a great hit by Ghost, but the theme I liked the most was Smart, which was maintained by yourself Ryan. It covered all my needs.
I use the Source theme on my website, www.publiso.com.br.

1 Like

I like Source, and I’ve seen some paid themes that are really cool, but nothing that made me want to switch from Ruby.

Here’s my site in Ruby.

I like the way it’s photo-forward without sacrificing text, and it feels… manageable. A lot of themes, including Source, do that Substack thing where articles kind of look like they’re randomly strewn around the page. Ruby is… ordered.

2 Likes

Love me some Ruby. Looking at your site makes me wish I had more images that would work as Ruby’s featured image card. Doesn’t work so well with the Ghost cartoons… :)

1 Like

Thanks, @matribeiro!

I’m also partial to Smart, which I run on my personal site:

I’m also planning on a whole new design, tbd.

Other sites I really love:

1 Like

oh, what’s the theme Maker Stations is using?

Looks like Krabi, maybe with some modifications?

Sounds about right.

For context: Krabi

2 Likes

I’m using Tripoli from Aspire Themes (hi, Ahmad!), which is perfect for our news and commentary site. Has two big featured stories in the center column, three smaller featured stories in the left column, and other Latest stories in the right column. Under that you can set up various categories in the settings, and it will pull stories matching those tags. Lots of other features.

Here’s a screenshot of the home page, without the ads (that are there for non-members only):

2 Likes

I love the TanaFlows theme because I developed it, and it continues to improve day by day based on my work and customer feedback.

I take pride in its dark mode, extensive third-party integrations, and multi-language support.

Here is my site.

While it may not have the most visually appealing design, it strives to be the best in terms of UX and SEO practices.

2 Likes

hi Bruce, thank you!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.